Thursday, September 8, 2016

#LiveForTomorrow Photo Challenge Day 7: I am Grateful For

"Gratitude turns what you have into enough."
 One of my favorite grounding exercises at the end of the day is to spend five or so minutes to slow down and sit with my gratitude journal. This time allows me to step outside of my cluttered mind and recall all of the things I was appreciative of throughout the day.

This process helps me during the low points when my depression threatens to resurface, leaving me feeling drained, empty and alone, to remember how much good is already in my life that I have been turning a blind eye to.

"Is it simple? Can you not see it now? We are worth it all." -Tyler Knott Gregson
 
 
Here's just some of what I found:
 
-The ability to get a quality education and further my knowledge in a subject I love, while honing my craft through extracurricular clubs on campus. Overall, I am always grateful for opportunities to learn something new, whether it be through reading, a formal class, conversation, a documentary, or actual experience.
 
-Going to work every morning and feeling like I have a sense of purpose, genuinely enjoying what I get to do every day, and coming home with a feeling of accomplishment that my work has the potential to make a difference in my community and many individual lives.  
 
-Fresh flowers at the farmer's market
 
 
-Unplugging and going on long walks
 
-Reading a good book
 
 
-Spending the day with my family
 
 
-When the cooler night air takes over the Florida heat
 
 
 
-Lazy afternoons
 
-Sleeping in, and waking up to the sound of the rain bouncing off the windows
 
-Swimming on a hot day/feeling the sun kiss my skin
 
 
-A strong cup of coffee or tea
 
 
-Holiday/nature scented candles
 
-Having meaningful conversations
 
-Sharing a meal with friends
 
 
-Seeing a rainbow on the drive home after a long day
 
 
-Hearing an old song on the radio that I used to love and singing it at the top of my lungs
 
-Not waking up to the sound of the alarm on the weekend
 
-Feeling present, like I am exactly where I need to be
 
 
What are you grateful for? Join me for the remaining three days of the #LiveForTomorrow Photo Challenge, leading up to World Suicide Prevention Day on September, 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment